
I am become camelopardalis, the giraffe. I was born with velvety
horns, and have a black prehensile tongue, two feet long. I have a
lovely spotted coat and can kick a lion to death if the need arises.

Giraffes are social animals, but nearly silent, and we rarely make a sound. We like to travel together in herds to storytimes, and to laze about in the midday fluorescence, looking at picturebooks.

I mainly eat leaves from the acacia tree, sometimes more than 100
pounds a day, but I have also been known to travel house-to-house
in quiet residential neighborhoods, hoping to receive small gifts
of candy from the good people who live there.

I am the tallest animal in the world. I sleep only about a half-hour
each day, and usually only in 5-minute naps. I have no tear ducts but
I have been seen to cry, although no one has ever caught me taking a
bath. And I don't have to share any of my candy if I don't want to.


No comments:
Post a Comment