
come back to my senses, and then I came back to the blog.
Look at these pumpkins!

I'm not quite walking yet but I've really got this crawling thing down, and I scoot all over the house wherever I please. Clyde the cat doesn't know what to think, and still looks shocked when he sees me chasing after him now. In fact, just the other day I was playing with him in the living room when he got up and walked into the kitchen. I followed right behind him, but he wasn't in the mood to play anymore and he went right up the stairs.
Well, I'd never yet climbed up a single stair, at home or anywhere else,
but I didn't see why I shouldn't at least try to - everyone else seems
to have a pretty fine time tromping up and down staircases all day long.
So I first got one knee up, and then the other, I wobbled and I wiggled
and I climbed up onto that bottom step. My Manny was very impressed
(he'd followed me into the kitchen as I followed Clyde) and offered
much enthusiastic applause.
Well, he was even more impressed when I climbed up onto the second step. And by the time I squirmed up onto the third he was in complete shock and hovering right behind me, trying to keep me safe, looking worried that I might fall at any moment or wrong move. But I didn't fall, and I didn't misstep. I kept on climbing up and up and up until I made it aaaaaalllllll
the way up to the top, up to the second floor of the house.

How 'bout that? I woke up in the morning having never yet climbed
a stair in my short little life, and all of the sudden I had climbed
a whole flight of them - fourteen stairs! It was pretty exciting,
and my Manny told me he was very proud of me.
I said, You just wait. I said, This is just the beginning.


No comments:
Post a Comment